When the year started I had made a pledge to myself to do two things: The first was to record and release my first solo CD. The second was to try and release for the first time on CD as many albums from the Helix cataloug as I possibly could. I had also wanted to have a gala 25th anniversary bash, but realistically my first two goals were more than enough to keep me busy. Below (in chronological order-at least as much as I can remember!) are the events which shaped the Life of Helix in 1999:
To book artists and talent such as Helix
for your corporate event, convention, or fundraiser, just use our
Find Talent Form
1. January, February-Record bed tracks for solo CD When Pigs Fly with Tony Palleschi, Bill Gadd, & Brian Doerner at DB Studios in London, Ontario. The producer Danny Broadbeck.
2. Release for the first time on CD our first two independent albums, Breaking Loose (H&S Records-1979) and White Lace and Black Leather (H&S Records-1981).
3. March-Fly to Austin, Texas to sing lead tracks on the Cherry St. CD, Buster Cherry. Lynda and I drive down to the Gulf of Mexico and also visit San Antonio.
4. No Rest for the Wicked and Long Way to Heaven released for the first time on CD.
5. Summer-The B-Sides CD is released, containing unreleased material spanning our 25 year career. Original band from the eighties re-unites one last time to record 3 new tracks. CD release party is at Rickies on the Rocks in downtown London, and draws people together who haven't seen each other in years...
6. August-play our first gig of the year in Mattawa with April Wine and The Five Man Electrical Band. 10,000 people watch us play under a warm August sky...
7. September-Our second gig of the year is a little colder, more southerly, and a radical departure from the naturel settings of Mattawa. This one was with Humble Pie in front of the casino in Windsor looking at the Detroit skyline.
8. Fall-Our third and last gig of the year was at Iverwin Stadium in Hamilton playing for the tailgate party for the Hamilton Ticats. It was colder than hell and snowing as we were playing. The Ti-cats won the game.
9. Mixing on the When Pigs Fly CD finishes and CD is then mastered at Metalworks Studios in Mississauga by Nick Blogona.
10. When Pigs Fly is released December 22, 1999.
To book an artist such as Helix or other big name talent for your
Corporate Event, Private Party, Fundraiser or Convention, let one of our
mediator agents negotiate with managers, agents and artists to achieve
the best possible entertainment experience.
Just fill out the Talent Request form
for "Helix", so that one of our experienced professionals can contact and
book this artist for you.
We make booking entertainment and booking musicians easy! So get started with the
preliminary Talent Request form and let us use our
negitiating skills to get Helix booked for your next event.
Entertainment We Provide
How Can We Help You?
Corporate Entertainment Services
Entertainment Articles and Resources