2002 ECMA nominee for Country Artist of the Year
To book artists and talent such as John Gracie
for your corporate event, convention, or fundraiser, just use our
Find Talent Form
- 2002 Showcase Artist for NEMO Music Conference, Boston
- 2001 Juno Nominee-Junos honor the top Canadians in the music industry (quoted as being "Canada's version of the Grammy Awards"
- 2001 Nominee for The INDIES Canadian Independent Music Awards
- Three-time ECMA Male Artist of the Year - only artist to receive this honour two years consecutively- Male Artist of the Year for 2000, 1990 and 1989 and nominee as Country Artist of the Year in 2000 and 1997.
- Canadian Big Country Award Nominee 2000 for Outstanding New Male Vocalist of the Year.
- Nominated for Male Artist of the Year and Songwriter of the Year- Nova Scotia Music Awards 2000
- Chosen as mainstage showcase artist for Northeast Regional Folk Alliance Conference in the Poconos, PA (only 22 chosen from over 200 applicants worldwide)
- Received a gold record for his original composition Seabird's Cry
- Received international acclaim for his tribute to songwriter Gene MacLellan. Distributed by EMI Music, "John Gracie -A Gene MacLellan Tribute" was listed as a Canadian best seller and critically acclaimed by music reviewers across the country.
- His project "John Gracie - Nova Scotia Lullabye" was listed in the top five for retail sales in Atlantic Canada and his Christmas CD, "John Gracie - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" has been a best selling Christmas album for the past three holiday seasons
- John Gracie has brought his music around the globe with live performances in New York, Tokyo, Britain, Zurich, Amsterdam, Munich, Iceland, Bermuda, Nashville and several other cities across North America.
- John Gracie has appeared on national and international radio and TV including hosting national TV specials, appearances on Canadian talk shows, Gabereau, Morningside, Today's Country, Midday, Country Beat, Inside Country, he co-hosted a Christmas special with Shirley Eikhard on the US Fox Network, a guest on Tom Jackson's (actor from North of 60, PBS's Shining Time Station) Huron Carole (nationally televised on CBC), he sang two songs for PBS Sesame Street and many more..
- John Gracie was invited to join Tom Jackson and his all-star cast for the national tour of the 1999 Huron Carole.
- John Gracie is one of the 57 Canadians that have performed on TNN and the only Canadian songwriter to appear on TNN's Country Today
-John Gracie's song "Water Under the Bridge I Never Burned" is currently on hold by Nashville recording artist, Mark Chesnutt
- John Gracie's song "Pass It On" has been chosen to bring awareness to food banks across Canada
John Gracie was born to a coal mining family in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia. His home growing up, was a stones throw away from the Atlantic and his fondest memories and strongest creative influences are times spent on the "shore". Very early on, his mother recognized his vocal talents and at five, she sent him off to singing lessons. It was with her encouragement and the care and support of his music teacher for which he felt a grandmother-like affection that John determined music would play a major role in his life. A fortuneteller once told his mother that music would give John everything he wanted in life.
John began to write during his teenage years, after discovering Gordon Lightfoot. While attending Mount Allison University became involved in many musical presentations and intercollegiate folk festivals. After university, he hit the road with guitar in tow and has been playing professionally ever since.
From that point forward, John Gracie's music has taken him across the globe and into the international media. His has won awards for his music and he has been chosen to sing for world leaders and at prestigious events.
John Gracie- the Songwriter: John's original pieces are most often his fan favourites. The influence of the sea is felt in John's earlier compositions and songs like Seabirdís Cry and Nova Scotia Lullabye are often chosen to be representative of Maritime life. Both of these songs were featured on the successful compilation CDs Sounds of Nova Scotia 1 (certified gold and approaching platinum) and 11 and Seabirds Cry has been featured on numerous other compilation projects including the ECMA ís Atlantic Decade.
John has also written in other genres. His popular country tune, Nashville recording artist, Mark Chesnutt, is currently holding Water Under the Bridge I Never Burned for consideration
To book an artist such as John Gracie or other big name talent for your
Corporate Event, Private Party, Fundraiser or Convention, let one of our
mediator agents negotiate with managers, agents and artists to achieve
the best possible entertainment experience.
Just fill out the Talent Request form
for "John Gracie", so that one of our experienced professionals can contact and
book this artist for you.
We make booking entertainment and booking musicians easy! So get started with the
preliminary Talent Request form and let us use our
negitiating skills to get John Gracie booked for your next event.
Entertainment We Provide
How Can We Help You?
Corporate Entertainment Services
Entertainment Articles and Resources